The Whig – Featuring Unknown Brewing Tap Takeover. 5 pm – 2am. Enjoy ginger wheat ale or some of the Whig’s favorite flagship beers! https://www.facebook.com/events/588968807966157/
Uptown on Main – Stop by for a FREE sample bag of State Street Caramel Popcorn! (while supplies last). Also, Uptown will donate a portion of their sales for Walk a Mile in Their Shoes. Open until 8 pm.
Cantina 76 – Stop by for their First Thursday 1/2 off Original House Margarita
Pelliclaude (Arcade Mall) – Check out their new original candle fragrances, try on a dress made exclusively for the shop (by Anton and Maxine), or just grab a sip and a bite and say hello to Pelly (their furry friend).
Nest – Trunk show featuring photography taken by Valery Smith of Nest. Enjoy some free Bourbon Lemonade, Bourbon Soda Shooters, and non-alcoholic beverages. 6 -10 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/394224170941662/
East Bay Deli – Open until 10 pm. Mention First Thursday, and receive 10% off your entire bill. Enjoy a beer on their patio or dive into one of their DELIcious sandwiches!
Boyd Plaza – Spring Arts Showcase presented by: The Jasper Project. 6 – 10 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/480783825378818/ Featuring:
- Columbia Design League– Design a new city flag!
- SCCADVASA– Sexual Assulaut Awareness month with activities including a dance performance by The Power Company Collaborative accompanied by spoken word poetry and mandala painting art therapy.
- Greater Columbia Record Fair sneak preview, DJ and curator of the 10th annual Greater Columbia Record Fair Matt Bradley will spin classic, soul, country, and R & B throughout the night.
- Vista Guild/ 701 Center for Contemporary Art– Lantern making for the Artista Vista lantern parade.
- SC Science Academy– science experiments and information about the academy
- Greyhound Pets of America – South Carolina – Stop by their table and bring your Greyhounds, family and friends. Help spread the word about adopting a retired racing Greyhound! https://www.facebook.com/
Columbia Museum of Art – Are you ready? Because things are about to get surreal. The CMA is turning back the melting clock as we celebrate weirdness with a night devoted to Dalí. Join us for neo-surrealist poetry inspired by the works in Salvador Dalí’s Fantastical Fairy Tales, play Exquisite Corpse (surrealists’ game of choice), create your own Dalí-esque art assemblages and poetry, and watch some trippy surrealist cinema. Out-there tunes provided by DJ Paul Grant. Cash bar featuring a signature cocktail. Live performance byPedro Ldv and Winston Warner. $5 for members / $12 non-members
Surreal attire highly encouraged with a prize awarded to the best-dressed guest. https://www.facebook.com/events/136897543500307/
CMA Museum Shop – Featuring local jewelry artist, Karen Dickey’s trunk show. The rest of the shop will be offering a 20% discount for military and their families from 6-8 pm.
Anastasia & Friends Gallery (Free Times) – Map Acrobático Opening Reception with Diana Farfán. 6 – 9 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/1482117861826825/
Random Records – Pop-up sidewalk record stand with vintage vinyl for sale!
Drake’s Duck-in: Open until 9:00 pm. Enjoy craft beer on the patio!
Main Street Public House – Live Jazz with the Mark Rapp Group. 7-10 pm.
Mast General Store – Live bluegrass music featuring River Baby Bathwater Revival. 6 – 7:30 pm.
Masala on Main – Enjoy Lululemon + Tiny Devotions Trunk Show and Art Opening featuring Lyssa Harvey’s newest collection.
Good Life Café – Stop by and enjoy some great First Thursday specials!
Michael’s Café & Catering – Enjoy a special exhibition of 10 notable Midlands artists, all selected by Midlands Anchor arts contributor, Rachel Haynie. https://www.facebook.com/events/444328142575508/
Grapes & Gallery (1113 Taylor) – The Cellar at Grapes Presents: Paint on Pointe Opening Reception. Meet Columbia area painter Shelby LeBlanc! Enjoy a cold beverage – the bar will be open. https://www.facebook.com/events/622954081222073/
Tapp’s Arts Center –
- Hide/Seek: Local Musician Pairs Electro-Acoustic Music with Projections and Philosophy featuring flutist and electronic musician Philip Snyder, sound engineer Chris Johnson and projection artist Michael Shoppell. 6 – 8 pm. Free. Fountain Room. http://www.tappsartscenter.com/event/first-thursday-hideseek/
- Meet Me at Tapp’s Showcase – Featuring painting, installation, video, sculpture, jewelry and conceptual mixed media. Enjoy corn sticks and soup and meet the studio artists. 6 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/1938458933044224/
- “Today is a good day to GO WILD” will be on display in the corner window at Tapp’s. Be sure to drop by and check it out during First Thursday! The installation, featuring wildlife and wild places I’ve painted over the past few years, will be viewable during April and May. Many of the pieces are available for purchase. https://www.facebook.com/events/1198153436968453/
Sneak Preview of LOOK! Forward Photography Exhibit – See the beauty of strength of children and young adults with disabilities or special healthcare needs through the lens of 22 Midlands’ photographers. Hosted by Family Connection of South Carolina. FamilyConnectionSC.
- Watson Village plays the Tapp’s Courtyard for April’s First Thursday https://www.facebook.com/events/1742619666049138/
DaufusKEYS Gullah Bistro – Open until 8pm. https://www.facebook.com/Daufuskeys/
Villa Tronco – Palmetto Opera singers. 6 -8:30 pm. Reservations are required. 803-256-7677.