This First Thursday features the WXRY Music Crawl, which includes 30 acts spread out across two crawl-able blocks of Main Street. WXRY Music Crawl is brought to you through a partnership between The Whig, Main Street Public House, Tapp’s Arts Center, City Center Partnership, First Thursday on Main, One Columbia, WXRY 99.3, and the City of Columbia. Be sure to join us at the stage on Hampton Street at 6pm for a special proclamation by Mayor Steve Benjamin!
The Whig – Tap takeover feature Sierra Nevada https://www.facebook.com/events/127011721185736
Persona Pizzeria – Enjoy $5.99 wood fired pizza and $3 beer specials!
Uptown on Main – Open until 8 pm.
Bourbon – Featuring $5 Seasonal Moscow Mules!
Cantina 76 – Stop by for their First Thursday 1/2 off Original House Margarita
Capitol Places – Pick up a free Koozie, water and snacks!
Pelliclaude (Arcade Mall) – Enjoy a sip of French lemonade, and check out their new handmade clothing – fresh from the runway. Or just say hi to Pelly!
Blue Sky Gallery (Arcade Mall) – Check out artist, Blue Sky’s new renovated gallery space!
WXRY Stage (Main & Hampton) – https://www.facebook.com/events/1839408706319443
- Mayor Steve Benjamin (6 pm)
- Debbie and the Skanks (6:15 – 7 pm)
- Stop Light Observations (7:15 – 8:15 pm)
- The Unlikely Candidates (8:30 – 9:30 pm)
Boyd Plaza –
- DJ Fig Mix and DJ Bori of Latin Heat (6 – 10 pm)
- KC Hotdogs
- Village Idiot Pizza
- Stone Brewing Pop-up – https://www.facebook.com/events/1038687086232529
Columbia Museum of Art – Celebrate contemporary Pakistani artist Sana Arjumand and her exhibition, Light Beings. Arjumand gives a brief talk and tour of her work. Enjoy light snacks and music from the region, beautify your hands with henna designs from a local mehndi artist, and watch demonstrations from a master of Arabic calligraphy. Free. 6 – 8 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/289062144874193
CMA Museum Shop – Featuring #ThrowbackThursday where you’ll have a last chance to purchase some classic CMA merchandise before they renovate their shop. All CMA-specific items will be 40% off this evening only.
Anastasia & Friends Gallery (Free Times) – Enjoy the opening reception of Dark Places, a solo exhibition of work by Rob Gadient. https://www.facebook.com/events/642580139271838
Random Records –
- Pop-up sidewalk record stand with vintage vinyl for sale!
- Tom Hall and the Plowboys (6 – 8 pm)
- Los Perdidos (8 – 10 pm)
- Open until 9:00 pm. Enjoy craft beer and wine on the patio!
- Will Pittman (6:30 -7:30 pm)
- Brent Lundy (7:30 – 9 pm)
Main Street Public House –
- Mark Rapp Group (6 – 9 pm)
- H.D. (9 – 9:45 pm)
- The Hindenburgs (9:45 – 10:30 pm)
- Grand Republic (10:45 – 11:45 pm)
- Tigerdog (12 – 1 am)
Mast General Store – Performance by Rev. Marv Ward (6 – 8 pm)
Good Life Café – Performance by The Palmetto Latin 5 (6- 9 pm)
Michael’s Café & Catering – Enjoy their June exhibition, “Thanks, Satch!”, a multi-artist show featuring paintings of zoo animals in a tribute to departing Riverbanks Zoo director. (Image by artist, Dawn Faber).
- Flat Out Strangers (6 – 9 pm)
- Stop by courtyard (behind Michael’s) and enjoy some refreshments!
Mad Monkey – Performance by Freeway Music Students (6 – 9 pm)
Grapes & Gallery (1113 Taylor) – The Cellar at Grapes Presents: Life in the Dark Open, an exhibition of work by Trina Jester. The Grapes and Gallery bar will feature a special of all Sierra Nevada products for $2. https://www.facebook.com/events/510301622426958
- T.A.T. (Shives, Taylor, Allen, Turner – 7:30 – 8:15 pm)
- Jackson Spells (8:30- 9:30 pm)
Tapp’s Arts Center –
- Courtyard – Stillhouse (6 – 9 pm)
- Infinite Room
- fk mt. (9 – 9:45 pm)
- Youth Model (10 10:45 pm)
- Pray For Triangle Zero (11 – 12 am)
Villa Tronco – Palmetto Opera singers. 6 -8:30 pm. Reservations are required. 803-256-7677.