It’s going to be a hot one, so be sure to have yourself a few drinks. And, bring the Pokemon Go player in your life to take advantage of lures that will be dropped at various locations throughout the evening.
The Whig – Palmetto Brewing Tap Night. 5-11pm https://www.facebook.com/events/153516445052349/
Persona Pizzeria – $4 craft beer and Italian wine.
Uptown – Open until 8 pm. Shop their sale and see all that is new for Fall!
Cantina 76 – Stop by for their First Thursday 1/2 off Original House Margarita
Marriott – 20% off food and drinks at Midlands or Rocks at Midlands. Just mention First Thursday!
Nest – Trunk show featuring the woodworks – including wooden puzzle boxes – of Chuck Augustine. Enjoy bourbon lemonade and bourbon soda shooters.
Columbia Museum of Art –
- Exhibition & Film – View the Daufuskie Memories exhibition, and then enjoy a film screening of Conrack at 6:30 pm. Galleries open until 8 pm. $7 or $5 for members.
Museum Shop – Enjoy complimentary wine and 20% off all items.
- Summer in the City: Arts Showcase – Art, music, dance, and more! 6-10 pm. Proceeds benefitting The Jasper Project. Performances by Husband and Modalcoda. Food by KC Hotdogs. https://www.facebook.com/events/297016370649152/
- Izms of Art presents Art on Boyd Plaza featuring artists, Fiona Tian, Ryan McEwen, and Shelby LeBlanc. https://www.facebook.com/events/1634930893487767/1635409683439888/
Anastasia & Friends Gallery (Free Times) – Opening reception of “Time and a Place” – a solo exhibition of works by Dylan Fouste. https://www.facebook.com/events/1792069644362400/
Random Records – Pop-up sidewalk record stand with vintage vinyl for sale!
Metropolis Salon & Dry Bar – featuring the art of AbstractAlexandra & Jason Freeman. Artist, Abstract Alexandra will be featuring her latest figurative works. While, Jason will be showing his new characters in his graphic take on modern painting. Both artist will be on hand to discuss their work. Metropolis Salon & Dry Bar will also be featuring several in Salon Specials. Book now.
Drake’s Duck-in: Open until 7:30 pm. They have teamed up with @weirdbeerguysc and will be selling craft beer on the patio. Stop by and enjoy a cold one and some delicious chicken!
Mast General Store – Enjoy live music with Dean Cook. 6 – 7:30 pm.
The Nick – Member happy hour! Discount on beer and wine for members. And a special screening of Toro Y Moi: Live from Trona. Following his fourth studio album, acclaimed musician Chaz Bundick, a Columbia native otherwise known as Toro Y Moi, brings to the screen a sonic experience featuring all new live arrangements. Filmed in the middle of the Mojave desert, Toro Y Moi: Live from Trona presents an entire concert album, recorded live beneath the geological wonders known as the Trona Pinnacles. Movie starts at 6:30pm and features a talkback following the screening. Purchase tickets in advance here: http://nickelodeon.org/films/toro-y-moi-live-from-trona/
Michael’s Café & Catering – Live music with Emily Wells. Featuring multimedia artist John Miranda. Food specials include fresh mussels, fresh tomato pies, local beer specials, and gourmet cheese board. Beers and Hymns in conference center beginning at 7 pm.
Good Life Cafe – It’s HOT HOT HOT! Not just the weather but First Thursday on Main at Good Life Cafe. Healthy food and libations as well as some real HOT Salsa with David Rodriguez and the Palmetto Latin 5 Jazz Band. Also we will be featuring the photography of Adam Smith and you can view his work here: http://www.adamsmithphotographer.com/
Grapes & Gallery – $5 beer tasting and live music from Tim O’Keefe and Emily Whitecotton. Art on display by Allison C Fowler and photography on display by Tony Claremont. 3 – 9 pm.
Tapp’s Arts Center –
- Art – Opening reception of A Diligent Dream, a solo exhibition of local Columbia artist, Kris Lars. Beginning at 6 pm. Live performance in the courtyard – MallFighter is Malls & Autofighter, the experimental dance music side-projects of multimedia artists Lucas Sams and O’Neal Peterson. https://www.facebook.com/events/880591635419113/.
- After Party – enjoy Infinite Room’s After Party featuring Amigo, King Vulture, and Morgan of the Pines. $6. 8:30 – 11:30 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/261935910854672
Villa Tronco – Palmetto Opera singers. 6 -8:30 pm. Reservations are required. 803-256-7677
Gallery at City Hall – Reconstructing Home Art Show created by Transitions and volunteers. Open until 8 pm.