The November First Thursday will feature music, costumes, movies and of course a few beers!
The Whig – River Rat Tap Nite & Meatball Social. https://www.facebook.com/events/328976670799884/
Uptown – Stop by for a special Holiday Open House! They’ll have door prizes, product samplings, and special guests!
Cantina 76 – Stop by for their First Thursday 1/2 off Original House Margarita
Nest – Enjoy a triple feature with Shanika Pichey of Sebastian Harper, Sharpe Creations on the pottery wheel, and M-Squared Glassblok Lights! Free Bourbon Lemonade, Soda Shooters, and food samples!
Columbia Museum of Art/Boyd Plaza –
- Scenario Collective presents The Moon Moths, an 11-piece psychedelic hip-hop group that combines many genres to create a theatrical experience. 6 pm.
- Enjoy a community screening of Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes, featuring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Bring a chair, savor some free popcorn, and grab a spot in front of the museum to view the detective pair as they’ve never been seen before—in front of the CMA! FREE! Upstair galleries open from 5-8 pm and select items at the CMA Shop will be 50% off. https://www.facebook.com/events/1056086717823104/
- Stop by the information tent for some special giveaways! First 100 people will receive free t-shirts and koozies from the Main Street District! Matt Kennell, CEO of City Center Partnership will give special remarks on the new look of the Main Street District at 6 pm.
Anastasia & Friends Gallery (Free Times) – Featuring a solo exhibition by Billy Guess called “Botanical Emotions”. Enjoy live music from The Restoration during the event!
Drake’s Duck-in: Open until 9:00 pm. Enjoy craft beer on the patio!
Urban Loft of Octagon & Imperial Custom Clothiers (1537–B Main St): Open house from 6 – 8 pm with wine tasting by Vino Garage from 6 -7 pm. Bring your business cards for your chance to win door prizes!
Something Special Florist – Stop by their Christmas Open House and enjoy storewide discounts, refreshments & door prizes!
Main Street Public House – Live Jazz with the Mark Rapp Group. 7-10 pm.
Mast General Store – Featuring music with Stillhouse from 6 – 7:30 pm.
The Nick – Member happy hour! Discount on beer and wine for members.
Michael’s Café & Catering – Featuring music with Flat Out Strangers! Enjoy wine and pizza specials!
Good Life Cafe – Stop by and enjoy some great First Thursday specials!
Metropolis Salon & Dry Bar (1218 Taylor) – The Power Company Collaborative constructs “The Home Project,” an interactive performance installation focusing on the notion of home. The installation will be presented at Metropolis on Taylor Street from 7-9 p.m. and at other downtown locations on December 1 and January 5. The choreography investigates various points of view and the sights, sounds, tastes, and textures elicited by thoughts of home. Join PoCoCo for First Thursday and share your stories of home!
Grapes & Gallery (1113 Taylor) – Enjoy a free koozie with any drink purchase, Craft Beer specials $2, $3, & $4 and $5 off bottles of wine from 4-7 pm. Featuring art on display by Allison C Fowler and photography by Tony Claremont.
Tapp’s Arts Center –
- Exhibit – Opening reception for Ashley’s Berendzen’s exhibition, Fete Champetre: A Tomboy’s Perception of Nature’s Majesty. 6 pm.
- After Party – Infinite Room after party with Muscle Memory, Pedro LDV, Loamers, & Moon Moths from 8:30 pm – midnight. Admission is $6 at the door. https://www.facebook.com/events/1270297259681257/
Gallery at City Hall – Opening reception of Zote Kuhusu Rangi (All About Colour) Art Exhibtion, featuring the wonderful works of Baruti Tucker (Staten Island, NY), John Hairston Jr. (Charlotte, NC), Jahsun (NJ, Charleston, SC) and Tariq Mix (Durham, NC). Also featuring performances from THE Dubber and Saraph Sunman.
Villa Tronco – Palmetto Opera singers. 6 -8:30 pm. Reservations are required. 803-256-7677.