The Word on the Street Edition
The 1100 block of Hampton Street will be closed in front of Boyd Plaza. Enjoy a FREE concert featuring live music, art and poetry in honor of National Poetry Month. Proceeds from sales by The Whig will benefit the Deckle Edge Literary Festival.
- The Whig- Our monthly tap takeover for First Thursday on Main brings one of our absolute new favorites this go round. Snacks, taps, and hijinks galore. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1602862963286512/
- Uptown on Main – Featured art by Ansley Grier. Meet Ansley until 8pm.
- The Oak Table – $5 select red wines and select white wines. Buy one, get one 1/2 off.
- Cantina 76 – Stop by for 1/2 priced Original House Margaritas.
- Columbia Marriott – Full bar outside featuring Three Olives’ blueberry vodka lemonades.
- Nest – Trunk show with Allen’s Gems and Rocks. Enjoy snacks and bourbon lemonade. More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1739289289626103/
Columbia Museum of Art – Museum Shop – Enjoy a wine reception and trunk show by local jewelry artist Hippy Do Da Creations until 8pm. Sip & Scribbles – Enjoy a coloring book party featuring African-American art from the CMA collection, as well as art from Afrocentric coloring books. Sip on wine and enjoy the relaxing art of coloring while listening to jazz, soul and Afrobeat music. CMA Galleries – Special admission pricing – $5 REMIX: Themes and Variations in African-American Art open until 8pm. Special Film Screening at 6:30pm – Hip-hop film Style Wars. More information: http://www.columbiamuseum.org/exhibitions/remix
- Boyd Plaza – Izms of Art – Art on the Plaza exhibition featuring artists Robert Coffey (photographer), Victor Garcia (illustrator/painter) and Yvette Jones (painter). Richland Library – Sharing the love of poetry! Stop by their table and create your own poetry themed button. Mini Maker Faire/EdVenture -Using strips of multicolored flexible particle board, guests are free to make anything they want! Quick projects might include a simple picture frames, or in the spirit of spring- make a trellis to take home with you! Feel free to come work as long as you like, and make something as big as you like!
- Anastasia & Friends Gallery at Free Times –Indie Grits Does First Thursday -Join us for a special preview show featuring work from two Indie Grits art projects. Jordan Young, Susan Lenz, and Dr. Jerry Griggs will show their collaboration titled ‘Flooded.’
Josh Yates (also the Nickelodeon Theatre‘s filmmaker in residence) will exhibit a series of photographs featuring portraits from his oral history project that focuses on community members who were affected by the October flooding. And, be sure to check out the Cola Art-o-Mat for some $5 art! More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1777298525832511/
- Random Records – Pop-up sidewalk record stand with vintage vinyl for sale!
- Mast General Store – Stillhouse performing from 6-7:30pm. More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/208392909533256/
- The Nickelodeon – Member happy hour! Discount on beer and wine for members.
- Agape Pharmacy – Guess the winner of the Masters and you’ll win a 12-pack of golf balls! Also, guess the amount of candies in their featured candy jar and win an ice cream bar!
- Michael’s Cafe and Catering – Beers and Hymns in their Hampton Room at 7pm. Live music by Don Russo outside weather permitting.
- Sandwich Depot – Open late and featuring a dinner special.
- Grapes & Gallery – From 6-8:30pm stop by to taste 3 different beer and coffee pairings.
- Tapp’s Arts Center – Richland One School Distric Art Show and music in the courtyard from 6-9pm.
- Gallery at City Hall – “Freshwater Veins” exhibit featuring river-inspired work by artists from SC. Curated by the Palmetto Curatorial Exchange. Reception from 6pm-8pm
- Villa Tronco – Palmetto Opera Singers. Reservations are Required.