Join us for First Thursday on Main on March 3rd. From the State House to the gallery at City Hall, enjoy art, entertainment, shopping, dining, and all that Main Street has to offer! City Center Partnership’s Yellow Shirts offer complimentary shuttle services along Main Street and to and from the Vista. Call 803-309-7758 for a free shuttle until 11 p.m.
March Lineup Includes:
- The Whig- Stop by the Whig for their monthly tap takeover as part of First Thursday on Main. This month Sierra Nevada Brewing, now brewed right up the road in Fletcher, NC. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1108120545900114/
- Persona Pizzeria – Free drink with purchase of pizza and $4 draft beer and wine.
- Uptown on Main – open until 7pm
- The Oak Table – $5 select red wines and select white wines. Buy one, get one 1/2 off.
- Cantina 76 – Stop by for 1/2 priced Original House Margaritas. Enjoy live music, weather permitting.
- Richland Library (1431 Assembly) – Meet author Carla Damron and hear about her latest book, and the 2016 One Book, One Community selection, The Stone Necklace, 6:30pm. More information: http://www.richlandlibrary.com/events/close-and-personal-one-book-one-community-author-carla-damron
- Fancy That Bistro (1212 Hampton) – Try their new appetizers for just $3.99! Fried Mushrooms, Fried Green Tomatoes, Feta Cheese Raw Fries, $2 Domestic Beer, $3 glasses of wine. Open until 9:30pm.
- Nest – Enjoy feature works of Blue Goose Studios from Rock Hill. They’ll have (free!) bourbon lemonade on deck as usual! More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1743547399209858/
- Columbia Museum of Art – Museum Shop – Enjoy a wine and cheese reception until 8pm, CMA Galleries – Open until 8pm featuring REMIX: Themes and Variations in African-American Art. REMIX Spark Tours at 6pm and 7pm. More information: http://www.columbiamuseum.org/exhibitions/remix
- Anastasia & Friends Gallery at Free Times – Local artists have donated art to show their support for Anastasia, who is battling a life-threatening disease. Proceeds go to her. Also food, drinks, birthday cake on hand with The Wurst Wagen outside. More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/953272171433859/
- Random Records – Pop-up sidewalk record stand with vintage vinyl for sale! All Jimmy Swaggart albums are 50% off.
- Masala on Main – Kyra Strasberg will be teaching yoga class at 5:45pm, and Masala will feature three fantastic digital works by local artist and yogi, Ron Hagell! More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/433668403497077/
- Mast General Store – If you like music, singing, laughing and awkward dancing, then you’ll love the Juniors. Stop by Mast from 6-7:30pm
- The Nickelodeon – Member happy hour! Discount on beer and wine for members.
- Agape Pharmacy – Celebrate March Madness and enter their drawing for a chance to win a Spalding Basketball!
- Good Life Cafe – Enjoy the popular Palmetto Latin Orchestra’s 5-piece ensemble! They will perform from 7-9:30pm.
- Metropolis Salon & Dry Bar (1218 Taylor) – Peruse the work of local artists, Cole Smith and Matthew Mattox, while receiving complimentary services. Also featuring popup shops from Thrifted Sisters and Carolina Soap Works. More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1553062835022363/
- Sandwich Depot – Open late and featuring a dinner special.
- Grapes & Gallery – From 6-7pm taste two featured wines for $5. From 7:15-8:15pm, taste two featured beers for $5. While supplies last! More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/920393928076734/
- Main Street United Methodist Church – Enjoy the USC Concert Choir Concert (7:30pm) The Bach Cantata “Jesu, der du Meine Seele” accompanied by a chamber orchestra with soloists Anna Young, Aubrey Nelson, Mark Bischoff and Jonathan Trotter. And in honor of the centennial of Robert Shaw, the choir will sing a set of arrangements of American folk hymns and spirituals set by Shaw and his writing partner, Alice Parker. Works by Daniel Elder and Michael Barrett will also be performed.